Friday, May 30, 2008

Day 7

Super long day today. Test went fine - everyone got an A. After class we took a bus to Padova and got a tour of the University of Padova - the old buildings. aka the ones that have been there since like forever. Galileo taught there. It was pretty cool... felt like we were in ruins. I bought a shirt at the gift shop for myself.

I stuck with 3 Alabama girls after that since everyone else was either leaving for the weekend or going somewhere else. Thanks to directions courtesy of me, we found our way back super quickly. We took the next bus, but it ended up just doing the long way home and it took us 45 mins for about a 15 min bus ride. We got back just in time for dinner. Dinner was gross as usual (pasta with chunks of salmon, grilled pork... ugh) but I was so hungry that I ate it.

Tomorrow I'm going to Venice with the 3 Alabama girls that are staying, Dr. Lange and her sister, and Dr. Alexander. They just came to tell me that we're taking a 7:30 bus. WHAT. Normally I meet everyone for breakfast at 7:45 and take an 8:15 bus. And I'm super tired. Soo... bed is going to be really really early tonight.

Sunday we're going to Verona to see Juliet's balcony, and then to where ever George Clooney has his villa. I don't remember the town, but George Clooney lives there. That's good enough for me.

I can't wait to buy all the things from my list tomorrow! We might take the vaporetto (water taxi) to the island where they make the Murano so we can see it being done. It should be fun! Pictures to come!

xoxo S

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Betty Shopovick went to Murano& said it was awesome to c them make the glass. Enjoy. Sorry u had a long day. Congrats on the A.. This is a fast 3cred.., huh? But Jeff said very $ but I don't care. Sorry food's gross. I've been on-line off&on today 2 try 2 talk 2 u but no luck. So have a good day tom.&spend some $$.-lov u