Thursday, May 29, 2008

Quotes from Day 6

Today had a lot of memorable quotes courtesy of Marisa, the Catholic U student:

At the hospital, the grad student (who is 34 btw) got the number of our hot translator. We're pretty sure grad student is gay. He had a bright yellow/green/blue speedo on at the pool among other things.
Me: "Jamie (grad student) got Olesio's number! They exchanged cards!! I'm so jealous!"
Marisa: "And you know, I never thought there would be a day where I was jealous of Jamie, but the day has come. I am jealous of Jamie."

At the restaurant, the son Alberto was tring to get my his mom Ornella to move because he was carrying our salad bowls.
Alberto (in a thick accent): "Mama.... Mama!"
Marisa: "That was just so precious."

Later at the restaurant, Alberto was taking my plate and he dropped a fork off the other plate. He like winked at me and then smiled and reached for mine.
Marisa: "I'm so glad I just witnessed that."

...After class we're waiting for the bus and Alberto comes walking down the street. His hair is wet and he's in a different outfit. He goes walking by us and as he walks by me he puts his hand on my back (I had no idea he was walking by).
Marisa: "I'm so glad I just witnessed that too."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thought u told me there were no hot guys? good "talking" to u. sorry abiut rome. Another time. good luck on ur test tom.. lov u, bella mia, Mom

Anonymous said...

have u heard of Isola? The Lands End catalog said it's near Venice. Just wondering. Taping Lost. Hope it works. Ciao. Me

Anonymous said...

guess these were "u had 2 b there"- I didn't really get what was so special about "witnessing" these things. Anyway - maybe "talk" 2 u later. Put $ in ur acct. just in case. lov u- hope the test went well. Mom

Sarah said...

there aren't any people our age donz. he's like 30. and not cute at all, though we all love his curls.