Woke up and meet everyone for breakfast this morning at 9ish. Breakfast was … interesting. They had fruit and granola but I had that, but my the fruit juice got everything soggy. We put our bus passes to use and took the bus to Monte something with a V. From there we took a train into Venice. Arriving at Venice was like pulling up to Atlantis. Words cannot describe it.
It’s so weird that there are no streets, but rather big rivers and little rivers. There is no grass. The houses and buildings are close together, and there are flowers everywhere. It’s rather flat but there are so many steps up, bridge, steps down to go over the water. We walked around for 7 hours. It was hot and humid. It started raining at 2, so that’s when we stopped to get lunch. What’s ridiculous is that here you pay for water. Instead of “No thanks, I’ll just have water” its “I’d like a still water please”. And it’s like 2 E for a bottle. So expensive! We saved the bottle so we can refill it with tap. As you walked further into the town, souvenirs got cheaper. Things would be 12 E, then 10, then 7.50, then 7 then 5. I got some gifts so far, just small things, but I’m not saying what. We may go back another afternoon to get more stuff towards the end because there are other things I want to buy but I might find other stuff.
We walked to San Marco Plaza. I took lots of videos because the stuff was just so incredible 360 degrees around, that pictures couldn’t do it justice. Then, Jane and I fed the pigeons. We had taken cookies at breakfast, so we crushed them into our hands and put them out. Those pigeons were vicious and not afraid at all. Someone videotaped it. The video consists of me shrieking and pigeons going everywhere. Some complete strangers were videotaping Jane and I because everyone was watching us and laughing hysterically. The pictures are priceless.
We hopped the train back at 7 and got to dinner late. Thank god the appetizer filled me up (it was thick round spaghetti with parmesan cheese) filled me up because once again I was forced to eat some foreign meat.
Dr. Gallo (Ida’s friend) called the hotel asking for me and they came with the phone asking for me. It freaked me out because I had no idea who or why anyone was calling for me. He wants me to go to his house for lunch, but since I have to go to lunch with the group I can’t. I’ll probably end up doing dinner though.
But I’m sweaty and gross and exhausted. I’m going to try to add pictures (I can summarize today in 3 or 4 pictures) so fingers crossed it works. We have to meet at 8:15 tomorrow morning. WOW.
Xoxo S
Did I mention that we can't wear jeans to class?! Not even nice ones. Hope they think my skirts are acceptable!
note to Natalia: I took over 200 pictures today...
note to Aunt Toni: I saw a "Hotel Bruno" today. I took a picture (or 2) to show you :)
Did I mention that we can't wear jeans to class?! Not even nice ones. Hope they think my skirts are acceptable!
note to Natalia: I took over 200 pictures today...
note to Aunt Toni: I saw a "Hotel Bruno" today. I took a picture (or 2) to show you :)
4 comments:
trying to leave comments but don't think it's working. love the pix. So glad u're having a good time. Hope u get to meet dr.gallo. So glad he called. lov u- miss u- need more euros? enjoy-love-Mom
try the veal. it's good. really. wish we could talk. hard to post comments. good luck in class. hope ur skirts r ok.. -lov-mom
Donz I am NOT eating veal.
I was majorly confused with the ATM card. I kept looking for a Chase one so I wouldn't get charged. Brad and the fat lady FAILED to tell me that I need to find a Visa ATM. Someone that was with us has the same card as me and had to explain THE WHOLE THING to me since they never did. We're going to be heading back to Venice to do shopping so it's this upcoming weekend that I'm really gonna use it. I already made of list of what I need to get
omg, you could ask brooke for help, but sadly that girl's atm and credit cards are busted! we don't know what the deal was...we even had to wash dishes to pay for haley's bachelorette party! okay, well i have to go, we'll chat later girl. i think lucas just called me. he said he's at the airport or something.
-peyton
Post a Comment